bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Holiday Obligatory

As every year, I overhauled my amazon.com wishlist for those of the family and friends who requested it in the past. Please note that baby stuff is NOT included--this is my wishlist. :) Baby stuff that is needful for our new arrival is over at target.com under both of our names. Thank you!

ETA: Please don't think this is me being greedy. This is my last Christmas when I can get something for myself, as opposed to the baby (I've been warned by my family already that this WILL happen)--don't blame the girl if she would like to receive something else than six adorable pink baby burping cloths or another swaddling blankie, m'kay?

8 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Madeleine said...

Excellent and noted - thanks Anna. You and Audie have inspired me to do the same thing on my blog - so much easier than getting nine pairs of luminescent running socks for Christmas :-)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Don't remind me...:)

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't blame you, it's the same thing as having your birthday close to Christmas (which is why my mom always let me celebrate mine in the summer). ;)

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Yeah, my sister told me this Sunday that they implemented the policy of 'only kids get presents' this year and would I please adhere to it, b/c they can't afford presents to everyone. While I certainly understand it, it kind of hit me hard, b/c I already had their presents picked and gotten.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Madeleine said...

I'm sorry to hear that things are that tight for your sister. I guess we really do live in a global economy...

On your ETA though - who could blame you for wanting something for yourself? Just because you're in the process of becoming a mom, doesn't mean you give up having an identity outside of mom-hood, which includes getting your own presents, and grumph to anyone who thinks otherwise...

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Yes, and the worst part of it was that she said 'please don't be angry with me, just understand that even if you said it's OK if only you give us presents and you're fine with us not getting you any, it would still make us feel uncomfortable.' What do you say to that? I know it took her a lot of guts to just come out and say it like that, so I am going to, of course, honor her wishes. But it really sucks. At least I can get something for my nephew... :)

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always stash away their presents, then send them later as rainy day gifts, or for birthdays.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Madeleine said...

That's a really good idea Audie - it's such a lovely thing, getting a present when you least expect it :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home