bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Barton Creek


Spent two days rubbing shoulders with the rich of Austin, on top of a hill at Barton Creek Resort. Despite my severe prejudices, the place is pleasant: quiet and understated, and the staff had nothing of the usual aloofness of other Austin establishments I encountered before.
This was my room with a view; that's the chaise lounge left to the bed I referred to in a previous post. I do need one of those, and if you read as often as I do, you need one too. With a fluffy blanket and a reading lamp.

5 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger lisamarlene said...

If you can find one at a junk shop that has a sound frame and decent padding, it's really easy (and sooo much cheaper) to refinish it yourself. There are a lot of discount fabric warehouses nowadays that specialize in designer upholstery fabrics for as little as ten bucks a yard. (The manufacturers dump their leftover bolts because it's last years colors/patterns/whatever.) A staple gun and a sewing machine with a heavy-duty needle, and you're in business.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Thanks for the tip; there are a few really cool furniture antique shops in South Irving that I can explore...should be a fun project!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger JimDesu said...

wow- that is one lovely room with a view... and why is it I an totally see you reclining on a chaise lounge with a book and what not? The picture of the intellectual lady of the house! Besides, refinishing one sounds like fun:)

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me Anna- James's website keeps eating my online identity...I don't think it has anything to do with being married now (snicker)

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

I hear you, hon...we have the same problem with Russ; I think it's them...:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home