bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Fascinating

Let me just say this: watching two men preparing home brewed beer in a kitchen on Sunday afternoon is totally fascinating. Partially because it was not done in my kitchen...:-) but mostly because the whole process of homebrewing is really neat. Almost like canning; and since my cooking magazine's latest issue contains some homemade jam recipes in SMALL quantities (memories of both of my grandma's summer kitchens loom, with cans lining the counter row upon row in raspberry, plum or apricot season), I might attempt to make some apricot jam or spicy peach, since it's season anyway...Gotta get me some jars...

5 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Autumn said...

heh. MY mom and grandmother used to make plum jelly. I remember it being wonderful.

I still say the beer smelled like gold fish crackers and then like spaghetti-Oh's, but that last part might have been due to the chili that was being prepared at the time...;)

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Maybe...it had tomatoes in it...that smell makes you hungry, I had the same thing last week when they were preparing the first batch.

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I certainly didn't get hungry when I made my batch - in fact, I found the boiling wort smell to be rather unpleasant.

Was this brewing from extract, or with an all (fresh/whole) grain process?

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

No, it was from extract...

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

homebrew...there is no inbetween, you either like the smell of the wort or hate it. I liked it. And it would be more fun if it was someone elses kitchen:) enjoy the fruits of the labor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home