bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Friday, August 17, 2007

This week's Quote

I don't post often about my religion. I do not like to put it on my sleeve or have long conversations about it with people or with my blog: that's not my style. I was raised in my faith by my Calvinist minister grandfather, and he believed that the way you live, the way you do things is the best confession of your faith, more than going to church, even. Pretty radical from such a stern-perceived religion, no? I miss him and my grandma so much...
But I had this quote as our weekly contemplative Bible verse on the Hungarian reformed Church's page where I visit daily:


"Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of
bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled."
from Paul's Hebrews 12, 15

And that's what I am working at in my life these days, in case anyone wonders.

3 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Madeleine said...

I like that a lot - "lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled". Despite my lack of active religous affiliation, that is something that I could do to remember and meditate on as well. Thank you for sharing it.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

It's hard, but it's worth it, and needs to be strived for.
The transparent butterly actually helps, if that makes sense...
Hugs!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Madeleine said...

It does make sense, actually :-)
Hugs Back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home