bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Friday

It is good.
I had my yearly evaluation with my boss today, and it went very well. It made me smile, actually. It's funny, really, how when you have such a close work relationship with someone as a personal assistant, after a while (we worked together for almost 4 years now) you start to kinda being a counterpart to the other in the 8 to 5 sense of things (most of you know exactly what I am talking about). This is not exactly the job I imagined when I came to the US--but, I have to tell you, it could have been much worse. There are sucky moments and days, and it's generally pretty hectic here, but after so many years tending to someone's appointments, travel arrangements, emails, spelling problems and reports, and listening increasingly often as the person uses you as a sounding board and contributing with some minor ideas--you kinda grow on each other, and after the few frictions at the beginning, you both learn to respect each others' little quirks and habits, leaving the big ones alone while carefully trying to improve the ones that you actually can.
Really weird. Besides learning about business and transportation, finances and report analysis, I learned a TON about interaction, relationships and just plain old social interaction in this job. And that is a Good Thing...seeing the positive in the less desirable outcome of my life.

And this weekend we are going on a real camping trip down to Norh Padre island, with a chance to see sea turtles! Yay! Ocean, beach, animals and travel...with industrial-strength sunscreen, sun hat and mosquito repellent, of course.

UPDATE: Another good thing working here: if the managers who work for your boss catch you in the cafeteria before you had a chance to pay for your lunch, they buy it for you, unasked. I was waiting for my pizza to get ready and two of them, with their lunches already done, sneaked up on the cashier and paid for mine. Sweet...I am sure they''ll expense it, but still...

4 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I request pictures. As per usual. :)

If you get some really nice ones you fall in love with I can paint them.

heh, if you get some really cruddy ones you fall in love with I can paint those too.

I just want to paint again. :)

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice business environment! :-) Ain't it grand to be appreciated? ::hugs::

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger boxingalcibiades said...

I can only dream...

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheer up, you, you'll get a different job soon. ;) And until then, I shall distract you by plotting Anna's birfday present, mwa haha. Which will make for happy bunnies, and happy crows, and happy me's as I love to give presents, yay. :)

(glad you work for such a nice place, Anna. :) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home