bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Things That Make The Bunny Misty-Eyed

Watch this first:


then watch this, then this.

Now I know this was all over the news much earlier, and I heard about it in passing but just had a chance to watch it last night thanks to one of the managers at work who showed it to us as the 2 Day Meeting From Hell wound down (weirdest sources, I know)... but darnit, Nessun Dorma is one of the greatest arias in opera history ever, and this guy gets it. Really gets it, I mean, what opera should be about. It's about friggin' feelings. Not logical synopsis of the story, not believable characters, not realistically dying on the stage...this is about feeling. Emotions. Being human. Stuff. (For further information on this topic, read Master Pratchett's opus on...well, mostly, opera.)

So that's why this made me, and all three judges at the BGT misty-eyed, I think. (Which, in the case of Simon Cowell is like, say, Lucifer getting misty-eyed over a day-old dewy rosebud, so watch really, really close...) :-)

3 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, I saw this on youtube a few months back. A diamond in th rough, since he looks goofy, is a cell-phone salesperson in England, and thus doesn't look as if THAT VOICE was possible coming from him.

Amazing, isn't it?

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Yep, the look on the judges'face is priceless...Shows you how detached from poular culture I am, just noticing this one now...
Don't think he's a salesperson for cellphones now, though...:-)

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Convivialdingo said...

LOL... I'm an opera hater. I always thought the theatrical performance slaughtered the music.

There are exceptions though... I love Carmen, Magic Flute, and many of the Arias.

Love the videos though... just the man and his voice is enjoyable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home