bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Two Filmmakers on One Day

Two pillars of European filmmaking, whose movies I got introduced thorugh my late mother, died this week: Michelangelo Antonioni and Ingmar Bergman. And the same day, too. Here is a good essay on their works, their legacy and their importance in modern art.
While I never had the deep appreciation for them as my mother had, I think their films were the last of so called 'art cinema' I was still able to tolerate, even as a relatively serious and mature pre-teen. Theirs and Fellini's...okay, add Pasolini to that mix, and I think I am done.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Convivialdingo said...

Very tyue! But I would throw Wim Winders and Kieślowski in too!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Definitely Kieslowski...and you can convince me about Winders one of these days, I am still on the fence on him. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home