bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Baker's Son Makes Me Sad This Morning

RIP Luciano Pavarotti...
I did not care much for his star allures (remember Terry Pratchett immortalizing his giant white handkerchief and constant eating in Maskerade?) but I melted every time I heard him singing. I hope the choir Up There rejoices in getting another tenor added to the team. :-)

UPDATE: Try these samples of his performances: the first is his duet with another departed giant, James Brown, in an amazing rendition of It's A Man's World; the second is his heartfelt and moving performance in Leoncavallo's I Pagliacci...gives me goosebumps.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home