bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

On This Day

I am reposting the Leonard Cohen song I had up last year, becusae, well, it says it so much better than many speches, rants or even my own words and feelings...

This year, I add this photo, taken on the first anniversary remembrance at Ground Zero, of the wind.



Leonard Cohen: On That Day (from 'Dear Heather', 2004)



Some people say

It's what we deserve

For sins against g-d

For crimes in the world


I wouldn't know

I'm just holding the fort

Since that day

They wounded New York


Some people say

They hate us of old

Our women unveiled

Our slaves and our gold


I wouldn't know

I'm just holding the fort

But answer me this

I won't take you to court

Did you go crazy

Or did you report

On that day

On that day

They wounded New York

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home