bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

They Are Baaack!

This morning, as I was about to leave the house for work, I thought I caught the silhouette of a familiar, tiny shape buzzing around our sunroom window.
"Oh no!" I said to The Husband. "The hummingbirds are back! And my feeder is empty!"
This was about three minutes before I had to leave the house. Mad dash to the pantry, check at the bottom for the hummingbird food, prepare the solution, take the feeder down from the window, pour the food into the feeder, hang it back...then run out the door to work and have a spectacularly allergy-ridden rotten day complete with cranky boss calling from Atlanta, GA at 4:55 to get him an overnight envelope to his hotel with a copy of a report he did not specify until we called him back. Yes, one of those days.
So I got home, changed, fed the cats, stepped into the sunroom and carefully parted the curtains to peek out to see if I have any luck and my eyes did not just deceive me in the morning...
And after about five seconds...There! A sleek tiny shape darted through the leaves of the tree on the right side of the house, and there was a little ruby-throated hummingbird, alighting on one of the tiny perches of the feeder, quenching its thirst from the petal-shaped receptacles. Perfect.

So I had a good day after all. Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home