bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Weekend

As usual, it wasn't long enough, but we managed to accomplish fun things in life, which lately became one of my main goals.
1. Friday night with The Lizard Queen Miss Vilya and The Marmot went and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp who I think is a sadly underestimated actor and is clearly gets better every time I see him. We had a great time, and the soundtrack of this movie is definitely worth owning: it has actual Danny Elfman-sung-Danny Elfman songs!
2. Saturday we had seen old friends (old friends for my husband from the UD days, that is) at our semi-regular koffeeklatsch in Farmers Branch...had a great time just to sit in the kitchen and catch up on family matters, current events, literature and even the origins of firefighters and property insurance...
3. Saturday afternoon The LQ and I went out and got our respective copies of Harry Potter's latest installment, and by Sunday evening we both finished (she was done earlier than I was actually). Don't ask me about it yet, still percolating. All I can say right now, I am amazed how some can say this is an un-Christian book.
4. Sunday we went over to a friend''s home to assist in a beer-brewing project. Well, that is, The Husband assisted, i was reading harry Potter and occassionally looked up smiling and said: ''Well done, well done, guys...um...can I have more coffee please?" Oh yes, some time later there was hamburger and hot dogs off the grill, too...
5. Sunday night I finally made my famous Cold Sour Cherry Soup. Stay tuned for the recipe of this one, I am still debating whether I shall pull and Old Martial Arts Master's Trick and leave out/mislist some ingredients so no one can reciprocate it perfectly...

As a results of all this, I am slightly dazed this Monday, and as The Husband was up until almost three AM working on two, read TWO Carnivals over at Boxing Alcibiades, we have "NAPTIME " written all over our calendars from 530 tonight until he needs to go to savate practice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home