bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Monday, October 08, 2007

A Brief Observation

If anyone tells you that mowing the lawn on Sunday afternoon does not rate as a workout, just glare at them really sternly and invite them to do it for you next week. Please.
Husbands of the world, I sympathize. I am one of those wives who occasionally does mowing and edging, partly because of husbandly schedules (this summer I had to do it while The Husband was out of the country) and partly because, well, it's a good workout, and upon brief reflection this was actually less tiresome than tying up the rosebushes, including The Monster (TM), our New Dawn climber, which is just like the Sleeping Beauty roses, except this one is real and is right there in my front yard. (I fully expect one of these days the postman charging me for ripped uniforms!) But this Sunday early afternoon it was a tad humid in Irving, and hauling the cordless electric around felt like I was wrestling with lead. Not that I did not enjoy the muscles working...but boy am I sore by now!

3 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I do understand. I have a corded electric that I use to mow about 1/2 acre of land, and while I'm not as humid in Ohio as you are in TX, but it's still not pleasant at all to do. I'm converting more and more of my land to gardens so I don't have to mow that space.

That being said - mow your lawn after dinner. It will start to cool down, and, its better for the grass so they can heal the cut in cool evening rather than blazing afternoon sun.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Convivialdingo said...

Yep - part of the reason I use a push mower instead of a rider. I need to exercise, being the desk jockey that I am.

I went after the back field last week (before we gracefully received 2" of rain) and went through lots of brush - yuk!

I'm hoping to get to the back shed before the end of the month if the weather will cooperate!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

I am soooo glad the westher broke--I am WAY behind with fertilizing for cool weather, so this weekend hopefully I'll be able to get the cornmeal and the other stuff on the lawn and the plants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home