bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dad Status Report

Thanks for all of you who sent prayers, thoughts and well-wishes regarding my Dad's surgery. It was performed on schedule on the 15th, and it went well. He spent the 16th mostly unconscious in recovery and called me this morning (just after 600am Dallas time which is 1300 back in Hungary). He was in better spirits than before the operation, and was mostly complaining about the food--as he is a restaurant owner who also cooks for fun, I was not surprised. I know hospital food in Hungary, and according to him it did not improve a bit since I experienced it.
The way he described whatever he was given these past two days made me really chuckle. He was saved by my aunt's vanilla custard that she smuggled in for him. Heh.

He'll have the staples removed tomorrow and will be home Saturday.

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Convivialdingo said...

Wonderful!! So glad to hear!

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

::hugs::

Good to hear that the surgery went well and that he's in good spirits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home