bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Art

A while back I blogged about me taking up a new hobby with the help of a 3-D program. Well, by now, a month and a half in it, I feel confident enough to put some of it out there to get some feedback from friends--admittedly encouraged by Janus Gate's positive opinion who saw my first fumbling attempts and didn't start cackling madly and shaking her head. Given that she's an actual artist, that meant a lot. Many hugs and thanks, dear, and if you have time to give me some more feedback, it's always appreciated! The Husband also offered a ton of useful advice on human figure, bone structure and movement--as he'd been doing martial arts and bodywork for quite some time, it was rather insightful.

A selected few of my attempts so far can be found here. I'm afraid most of them are very specifically themed, but hopefully they can stand on their own.

6 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are fantastic, Anna. The only thing I see that could improve them would be to do some experiments with a lamp on shadows (as in, light up your husband's face with a light and see where shadows go when you put different things in front of it or when you move the light source) but, really, that is a ticky tack thing that I had beaten into my head so now I notice it a whole lot. I think these are really wonderful. I think my favorite is She Is Gone 2. Great great job, and can't wait to see more.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Daww, thanks! Yes, the light thing needs refinement, but in this program it can be rather finicky, and I mostly used light presets this far as opposed to hand-placed stuff. I'll definitely check that out. ::hugs::

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet...

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Convivialdingo said...

Good Job!! I had no idea you could do that. :-)

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Thanks! It's the computer, really...I told y'all I can't draw to save my life, so this program is da bomb for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home