bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Really, 'Tis The Season...

I am saying this, because last night, as The Husband and I trotted around on our spontaneous Christmas shopping again, were treated to EXCELLENT customer service TEN minutes before Home Depot closed. Yes, The Husband had another of those gift ideas that require parts from The Despot...plus 'since we go, we may as well pick up some C-clamps'...because y'know one cannot live without those...in THREE different sizes...! And yes, I was evil, and EVER so gently tethered him towards the Dremel tool attachments where he picked TWO bits that are really needed for cutting wood for various and sundry projects...But that's not why I am telling this story.
I am telling this story because after The Despot, we decided to hop over to Wallyworld (aka Wal-mart)...Well, y'see some gifties could ony be found there, so...So we ventured in, well expecting crowds, rude people and totally obnoxious and ignorant customer service (like during our previous visits).
Wow. People, go to Walmart around 0930 pm or later. I think they have shift change or something (maybe they bring in the specially bred vampire assistants for the night shift, I don't know). We had to ask for locating merchandise THREE times (well, we do not go to Walmart that often, I confess, I, for one, am a Target girl)--and all three times, the sales assistants KNEW exactly where the stuff was (and once, they knew exactly what the stuff we asked FOR was, which it something to say because it was a bit complicated, specific item...), SMILED, and TOOK us there. It was so pleasant...
I noticed it during my first shopping season here in the DFW metroplex that people are So nice compared to what I was used to back in Hungary...
Now maybe I am just a bloody elitist and I was in for a surprise...but based on my past experiences and the various horror stories one hears about Wallyworld, this was really nifty.

So: yes, 'tis definitely The Season...La-la-la...

Ah. I am putting uop the tree this weekend: my brother-in-law and his fiancee are coming to town for a week next Tuesday, so I am getting into the spirit early.

And Home Despot carries rooted real Christmas trees in containers for those of my Gentle Readers who wish to decorate with real trees but do not want to kill them in the process. Me, I do the fake tree and burn my aromalamp with the fir and pine oil in it for the scent. Maybe getting a few branches for decoration...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home