bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Seared Chicken Tenderloin with Creamy Mushroom-Goat Cheese Sauce


Adjust amounts as needed; I made this for two.


1.Mix about 2-3 tbsp. all-purpose flour with freshly ground black pepper and any spice mix that strikes your fancy (today I used Penzeys’4S Seasoned Salt). Pat 5-6 chicken tenderloins dry and coat with the flour mixture.



2. Melt 2 tbs. butter and add 2 tbsp olive oil in a heavy skillet (I used my 9-inch new Chef’s skillet from Calphalon’s Hard-Anodized Professional line…mmm). When butter is sizzling, on medium-high heat, plop tenderloins into skillet, nicely arranged. You’ll most likely need to do this in 2 batches, as I could only fit 3 ion the skillet if I wanted them to sear-sauté properly. They will need about 3 minutes per side: check to see if they are nice and rosy before taking them out of the skillet. Place on plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining tenderloins.



3. Keep skillet on medium heat. Add in 1 small box of sliced mushrooms (I used normal white buttons). Sprinkle with fresh garlic or garlic powder, whatever you find in your pantry (I had the powder only this week). Sauté mushrooms down until almost all the liquid is gone. Pour in a slosh of red wine or Marsala, cook it down again: with medium-high it will take about am minute. Now toss in some fresh parsley, coarsely chopped. Pour in some heavy cream to form a semi-runny sauce, wait until bubbly, and then add 1-2 teaspoons of fresh soft goat cheese. Cook until starts to thicken, about 1 minute more.



4. Add the tenderloins and heat through.

Serve over rice or steamed vegetables. I actually had it with leftover coleslaw and sopped up the juices with some pita bread; The Husband just ate it out of the skillet…

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Madeleine said...

Do you know, I've never seared anything, although I'm not sure why...maybe it sounded scary. Anyway, your recipe makes it sound much less scary and very yummy. Add the creamy sauce (which sounds *killer* by the way) and I think you've got a recipe that I would sear for :) Thanks Anna!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Coffespaz said...

That sounds totally amazing. My hubby doesn't like goat cheese or mushrooms, but I actually think he may like this recipe. Thanks, I'll have to try it one day. :-)

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! I will share this with the eldest girl child after she starts milking her goat!

We're expecting the first kid any day now!

celogomama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home