bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Back and Reunited with Luggage

Well, back in ol'Texas. Flew in Sunday, got in as thunderstorms swept through the metroplex, promptly got stranded on tarmac for a while, got out of airplane, was informed airport locked down again due to lightning, waited for luggage for 40 minutes, airport opened up for about 10 minutes, enough to load SOME of the suitcases, but, of course, mine was NOT ONE OF THEM. Stormed out of airport with tense husband justifiably angry on my stubbornness in not realizing the fact that AA will NOT magically produce my suitcase from a hat and refusing to go and ask WHEN they would do so anyway...my low blood sugar due to lack of nutrition since noon (flight landed around 530) had something to do with my lack of springing to action, (she said sheepishly)...
Said luggage was retrieved by saintly husband after his class yesterday, so my rumpled jackets and creased pants are hanging now in hopes of a better future. The books are out and waiting to be read too. AND looks like we have some session proposals in for next year's conference as well--this stuff is addicting. For two years now I swear this was the last congress for which I 'try to herd cats' ie. organize and chair sessions, but somehow I always end up suckered in.

Now back to ordinary life. In other news, the peach tree is LADEN with peaches! I need to take a picture today, it is really pretty, and they are just about ripe too. Yay!

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Kiki said...

Other than the usual travel woes, it sounds like a cool trip.

"For two years now I swear this was the last congress for which I 'try to herd cats' ie. organize and chair sessions, but somehow I always end up suckered in."

That is a slippery slope! I've been there but with work related extra-curricular crap. Ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home