bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Wendi Slaton-Worthy

I got this CD from my boss of all people; the artist is a customer's wife. I did not have high hopes for it, (I mean, this is A CD From My Boss, right?) but boy I was pleasantly surprised. She plays the type of country that is bluesy and rock-y at the same time; the old-fashioned type, I guess. Definitely not Nashville.
And she has good lyrics too. Here, have a sample. If you find that they resonate with you like they did with me, here, buy her CD.


Keep On Giving

ain’t it crazy how tenaciously i cling
to the words from which i pray to be set free
ain’t it crazy, how foolish i can be

ain‘t it funny how hard i try
to hold onto these feelings that only make me cry
i laugh out loud and i ask myself why

but i’m not gonna hold back hold out
that’s not what this world’s about
i’m not gonna give up or in i’m just gonna
keep on givin’

ain’t it something how love gets buried by fear
ain’t it a shame i’m scared to share the way that i feel
i hide behind these walls to protect my heart of steel

things are never better left unsaid
it’s gotta get lonely livin’ inside your head
if you take me there then i’ll color all your darkness red

but i’m not gonna hold back hold out
that’s not what this love’s about
i’m not gonna give up or in i’m just gonna
keep on…

Mercy, Mercy (which definitely goes on the imaginary soundtrack of the novel I am working on)

you can take me out, but you can’t take me home
‘cause i’ve got walk in closets filled with bones
i don’t need another memory i’ve got too many to forget
tales of passion and lust have turned to guilt and regret

we’ve all got secrets yeah we’ve all told lies
we’ll all be seeking redemption in that courtroom in the sky
i’ve been dancin’ with my demons prayin’ the music would end
cryin’ jesus jesus it’s your long lost friend, it’s your long lost friend

mercy mercy the regret just set in
i wish i hadn’t let my morals bend

i’ve been called self righteous, oh and it may be true
because i’m much too into myself to be somebody else’s fool
well it didn’t take long for me to build these walls
but you can’t peak inside unless you’re ten feet tall

mercy mercy the regret just set in
i wish i hadn’t let my morals bend
the love i thought we made just got chalked up to sin
mercy mercy the regret just set in

you can call my name but don’t expect me to come
if you move in too quickly you’ll see how fast i can run
i don’t need a shoulder to cry on or lean
i can take it standin’ up or laying down if ya know what i mean…
do you know what i mean?

2 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger celogomama said...

These I must hear set to music!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

I am sure that can be arranged somehow...:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home