bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Cinnamon Marzipan Brownies

I made these last week, and in one word: sinful.

1 cup butter, unsalted
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped (I actually found a block of Valhrona I totally forgot about since I picked it up at Central market--woo-hoo)
1.5 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour

Filling:
1 pkg almond paste (8 oz)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg

Heat oven to 350 F. Spray 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat; add chocolate pieces, remove from heat and stir together until melted. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beat well after each.
Add flour; mix until smooth. Spread evenly into pan.
For filling: crumble almond paste into bowl; add egg and 1/4 tsp cinnamon; using handheld mixer or food processor, process until smooth.
Drop almond mixture by spoonfuls over brownie mix; swirl with knife.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
Cut into very small squares; this is dense.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger celogomama said...

oh, YUMMY!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

And it goes a LONG way, too--I tried to eat a lot of it, but it's simply too intense for more than two small squares at once. Of course, there's no tellin' how kids would relate to that theory...:)

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks absolutely amazing. But, I'm the only one in the house who like Marzipan, although I'm starting to corrupt my son on this.
Any ideas if this recipe will half well? While I think I could eat the whole pan/full recipe myself, I think I would regret it...a little.

We're going to try your stew recipe this fall when that type of warming stew will be good with colder weather.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Hmmm...honestly, I don't know if it will half well, but brownies freeze pretty good; you can always save half of it for later when the craving hits...:)

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The craving will come after I'm hungry again, but yes, I'll probably freeze some so that I'm not a total hog.
I'm starting to bake more often and get in the kitchen myself. I'm slower than my wife at getting it all done, but this doesn't look that hard to accomplish.
Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home