bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Movies and Moves

So: on Friday we went and had fun watching Serenity and eating popcorn. As The Husband said: big dumb fun. I think the humor was really refreshing and most of the characters are very well written. ::sigh:: If only they even manage in ANY movie to at least approximate how a kick or punch is done...
All in all, this probably will end up in our DVD collection, possibly together with its short-lived series predecessor, Firefly.

And then, on Saturday and Sunday afternoon, the Big Move-In happened, helping Janus Gate into her new apartment...it was so neat seeing her dancing around her boxes of STUFF (and boy, the girl has a lot of it...) unpacking her enormous collection of dragons (with names for each!), and planning out the layout of her living room and study, fretting about her carpet and the single stain of dirt on it due to the move (The Lizard Queen deftly removed the stain without trace), and making a planning list of what to get next (including her cute and energetoc kitten, Bannon, currently in foster care at our house, baby-sat by a VERY patient pixie-bob)...:-)
Congratulations!

6 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Kiki said...

I had to skip your whole post because I haven't seen the movie yet. We caught up on Corpse Bride this weekend in San Antonio with our godson (thumbs way up for me).

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

But Kiki, I did not put ANY spoilers in, really...
I haven't seen Corpse Bride yet, but planning on it--maybe this weekend?

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger boxingalcibiades said...

Heh, my wife is offended at bad martial arts portrayals... hee hee hee hee

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Well, sure I am...I mean I was not watching you guys kicking each other for five years for nuffin'...And then there's this River chick in Serenity supposedly all deadly and stuff, and she cannot even punch with the fist aligned in a way so that the force of the punch does not snap her own wrist...

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Not that it does not look SHINY, mind you...:-)

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Kiki said...

Corpse Bride is well worth the viewing.
I look at martial arts in movies as the comic book stuff it is. Just like gun play. "How should I move from one piece of cover to the next? I know, I'll walk slowly while firing my gun instead of hauling ass"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home