bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Watching Rita...

Quick update and explanation: I had another business trip this week, to Houston of all places. Got back Wednesday evening, just in time, traffic already started to get heavy, albeit nothing of the Thursday sort. I got there Monday evening and the emergency updates were in full swing already on local channels and websites.
The company I work for has a rather large office in North Houston by Greenspoint, and on Wednesday the phones were continuously ringing as the customers wanted updates and assurances that their stuff will get wherever they want to send it...they had to be content with the ''Ma'am, I can tell you that we will work Thursday and Friday and then tonight the weather might change and we have to tie down everything and leave town, so all I can tell you is what we know at the moment, and that we have contingency plans..." answer.
Then we packed up two offices (one of the managers I worked with there and her assistant's) and moved their files and fragile items to the middle of the floor, to their file room, before I headed to the airport, well ahead of time: I worked like a mad dog all morning so I could finish early as I had a sneaking suspicion the situation traffic-wise will spin out of control asdn more accurate weather reports come in, and for a while it really looked like it headed directly to Houston & Galveston.
Impression1: you know it's going to be bad when you are waiting for your flight and through the window you see seagulls flying in straight and sit down on the tarmac.
Impression2: Houston has some really good sushi.

5 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger JimDesu said...

Seagull Sushi?

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

I knew that would get some attention! :-) No, the two are unrelated observations--I had dinner both Monday and Tuesday night at this little sushi/hibabchi bar called Ichibon, a 2-minute walk from the hotel, and it was really good, especially the hand rolls Tuesday night. And the tuna...Mmmm...tuna...

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Come think of it, Seagull Sushi sounds like an excellent name for this little sushi bar worming itself into the story I am working on...:-) Can I have it?

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Kiki said...

Now that's not your typical business trip.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Yeah, you tell me...
How was Norway?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home