bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Weekend fun...

Gosh I am tried of being on the verge of being sick!
With that said...we had a great weekend with our friend Mike visiting. I evilly introduced him to Firefly and Serenity, he responded beautifully and actually purchased both the series and the feature online. Jaynestown is still be best episode, although I'm curious how he'll like Our Mrs. Reynolds when he sees it...::evil chuckle:: Go me.
Saturday evening we played The Husband's utterly hilarious homegrown After The Apocalypse Everything Sucks Role-Playing Game (only 1 6-sided die needed...) This was the first time any of my characters made it to the end (the goal always is to get to a safe rally point, this time a police station in Baltimore), so I was rejoicing. Mike's stockbroker got vaporized, but my survivalist nutjob garbage truck driver, The Marmot's depressed telemarketer and The Lizard Queen's gumball-loving car detailer persevered, despite the six different apocalypses thrown at us. Go us.
Plus: discovering that I can still sorta remember how to play billiard...that was fun. Sunday we piled into Edward, the gray Jeep and drove to Dave and Busters to play some...since we went just after noon, we had a good table and some fun moments (okay, most of the moments were fun). Might have to go more often; the BBQ lunch following at Dickey's was also very lovely, by definition.
But: I was fighting this thing all last week, and it's still lingering...feeling cold, slight shiver, throat scratchy, sneezing, stomach upset, body aches...argh. At work, a bunch of people are sick around me, boss included, so that does not make it any easier. Time to up my vitamin intake and tuck on some extra yoga positions to the end of my routine to wake up the immune system ever further. On top of all that, I was volunteered to participate in a conference call tomorrow night at 1900 about our internal audit. It's going to be a great week, I can see it already.

2 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Kiki said...

Take care. Everyone here is sick as a dog. Don't know how I've managed to avoid it thus far.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger boxingalcibiades said...

Me neither... but I can feel the outside rough edges of it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home