bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day!

...to all of my American friends! Not that I do not celebrate...but, until I got my naturalization (which I need to inquire about after the holiday, I am not sure my country allows dual citizenship) I am technically just a guest. And I appreciate the heck out of it.

So we got back from our quick trip up to Nebraska where we had an absolutely great time, and survived a day without water in the house due to a burst pipe in the wall AGAIN. NOTHING, I tell you, NOTHING is worse than coming home dead tired from a 12-hour roadtrip at 1230 at night and find that The Husband has to run out and shut the water main because there's WATER COMING FROM THE BATHROOM WALL AND THERE IS STANDING WATER IN BOTH BATHROOMS...I tell you...

BUT, it is beter now. Plumber fixed leak, and though our wall in the master bathroom is all open and sink removed, we have WATER! I can take SHOWER, and brush my teeth and wash dishes, and all that kind of basic stuff we take so granted in life...

You know, like freedom.

So I guess this was a fitting July 4th reminder for us after all.

1 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Kiki said...

Oh, that sucks (the water damage) but welcome back.
We have some nice mold due to the air handler problems we had awhile back that I will get to clean out once the weather isn't super super super super hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home