bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Peaches!

I just picked the last ones this morning; we had a bumper crop this year on our first peach tree (we have three, the other two are not old enough yet I suspect). Due to favorable weather and the finally totally organic yard/garden (it takes a while for the soil to detox after baing chemical for a long time), our Peachy gave us beautiful, bountiful and yummy peaches, enough to share around with the neighbors, even! She is a Loring peach tree, with smallish, but amazingly sweet fruit. Here is how it looked last week at its peak. Isn't she beautiful?


Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Coffespaz said...

Yum, how lucky you are indeed! Are you going to make preserves with any of them?

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

I did not even think about preserves this year....just enjoyed the fruit...I also had an amount falling off prematurely that was not quite as good after laying on the ground for a while. Next year I probably will be better prepared.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Coffespaz said...

Very cool regardless. Maybe next year the other trees will fruit too. I'll bet your neighbors love the gifts! :smile: YUM

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Madeleine said...

The neighbors do indeed love the peachy gifts! :-)

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Kiki said...

I can't be the only one with the Presidents of the United States song stuck in my head, right?

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Madeleine said...

Nope - in fact, my hubby went around singing for several days in honor of Anna's harvest...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home