bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Done!

Finished last night around midnight: about twelve hours, punctuated with some breaks for eating, ardening, bathroom, etc. Not bad, considering it's not my native language- I think I am up to my reading speed I have in Hungarian with English now, provided I like what I read.
For the sake of those who have not read the bok yet, I will NOT give away plot points or spoilers or anything. Me liked it, and exactly twice I even cried. I am totally vindicated on one of my theories (YAY!) and 50% on the other, but I know why Rowling ended up writing it the way she did, and I am very, very happy that she did (that was #2 of me crying when I got to that point).
It is very fast-paced, full of violent duels and battles and tension and 17-year old teenage angst (geez, do YOU remember what a total dork YOU were at 17? I sure do...) and beautiful and heart-breaking scenes and revelations. The ending...well, do NOT read it first. I mean it--you really need to arrive to that point to fully appreciate the way it ends.

Later, when hopefully everyone is done with it,. I can post more of my thoughts. Now I am off to do mundane things like folding laundry and dishes.

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Tis good, isn't it?

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, man, my reading speed in Hungarian is still somewhere back at the grade school level... maybe sixth grade...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home