bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What The Frag Is Happening To My City??

I am speechless..My beautiful city of birth is rioting. This is NOT what I remember...I guess I must be out of touch with reality in Hungary (if that's the case, my whole family is out of it bacsue we did NOT expect this...) The Husband has two comprehensive posts up on his much more political site...I used to walk past the places most of the violence in Budapest the past two nights took place almost every day the last five-six years I lived there.

Sigh. Not happy today.

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Kiki said...

I thought of you when I heard about this on the news.
Can't relate directly, but I went through something slightly similar when they were rioting in Bogota where we used to go to see family every Summer.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Yeah, it is really surreal to see cars burning where you used to stop to munch on freshly baked croissants from the corner bakery or windowshop on one of the avenues lined with shops...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home