bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Friday, October 17, 2003

Really, I read my own blog...

...and sigh, 'I really need to continue these entries, there were things happening..." but then, things were happening so I did not have time to write on the blog...see my dilemma, or Catch-22 or whatever you want to call it (most likely a lame excuse, I was a student once, too, plus taught some, so I can come up with really innovative excuses)?

So: here is a short recap:

1. Husband's birthday on September 28--Russ did not get his birthday present on time, because the Barnes and Noble warehouse $%*(d up and kept his present in the warehouse for almost a week. Great, isn't it? But finally, the complete Season 2 and 3 of "Babylon 5" has arrived at our doorstep (actually, I had it sent to work, thinking it will be there on time for the celebrations, and for that reason I wanted to keep it secret) and we watched it since then, all two seasons, all four of our household, often in stunned silence, because this stuff is real quality. More on this later.

2. Christmas airplane ticket was paid for by my Dad--I still need to find out the confirmation number and that how I can actually get the ticket...long story. I will fly Lufthansa, about which I have good memories of. Not as good as Austrian Airlines, but much more pleasant than American. Yech.

3. Seen the movie "Underworld"--twice, actually. Wow. Really good flick. Actually makes you think. Good characters, cool camerawork, a really deep backstory, decent soundtrack...and, again, completely misunderstood by the critics, and loved by the audience. Hmmm...After second viewing (we went to see it with Rufel first and next week we took our respective better halves, too) we stood/sat in our front yard for almost an hour and discussed it in the dark, under the moonlight...Was very fitting. Needs soundtrack, though...oddly enough, the closest one that we could find was Rhea's Obsession.

4. Had visitors galore from all around the US and generally had a good time with them.

Life is busy these days--in a good way. Ah, and we got Marco purring again--definitely a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home