bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hopefully it's Over

Well, a week, a full and one partial sick day, and a secondary infection later I THINK this was beaten. ::sound of The Bunny knocking on wood:: LIke I said before, it's not the illness itself, it's the feeling of 'If I have to take one more step I'll collapse, I think I just sit here and vegetate....' that I loathe so much. You fix a sandwich for lunch (because you need to eat to beat this stuff) and after that you require two hours of sleep because you got so exhauseted by standing in the kitchen, cutting bread, pouring hot water on your tea bag, etc. We HATES it...

However, life continues to be good (or so do I firmly believe) as we received some rain last weekend, and more is predicted for this weekend as well. Yum, rain. I actually woke up in the middle of the night Saturday and thought: "Noi...Noise...WAHZAT NOISE?" and about 10 seconds (and several frantic heartbeats later) I recognized it as the sound of pouring rain...THEN I curled back up, like a good bunny, and fell back asleep.

In other news, my home country (and the entire Central-East Europe for that matter, from Germany to the east) is in the grip of General Frost, and badly so. They have an average of -12 Celsius or lower, and the gas pipelines are used to their full capacity for a week and a half now, so the system is kinda bursting. Spare some thoughts for that corner of the world if you could.

Watched Brothers Grimm last night with The LQ...we don't get why it tanked in the box office...it's so much fun. Best Evil Queen ever, as my brother-in-law says... and Matt Damon is back to that 'annoying pretty' role he does so well...he should never depart from it, or get involved in politics, really. Just shut up and act, actor...but that's another rant for another time or blog, even. The visual effects are really good in this movie too...and oh yes, Peter Stormare is absolutely stunning yet again. The man is a genius.

Pumpernickel bread, in its homemade incarnation, is a stunning hit at my house. So is the raisin bread with raisins soaked in vanilla extract, and a generous helping of Ceylon Cinnamon. Those two should become a staple, as soon as I replenish my rye flour in the pantry. Yay, bread.

5 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you're feeling better.

Give my forum a glance if you would - we fooded the other day, not sure what I think of it. Input appreciated.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Replied on the forum...

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger celogomama said...

I love raisin bread, but haven't found a good recipe yet. Would you mind sharing yours? I can do it conventionally or with a bread machine, unless that would be an abomination in this particular case :)

Oh, and we had really hoped to see you two this month! Illnesses abound here, too, so let us know if you have a day next month, ok?

~Steph

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

I'll dig up the recipe and post it...it is a machine bread, and it's rather soft and wonderful.
Yes, we definitely need to find a date as soon as everyone shakes this illness off!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Gin Fizz said...

Hallo Annamaria, are you the girl I met in Milan many, many years ago? Kisses.
Alberto Vaccaro (gin_fizzit@yahoo.it)
P.S. Sorry for using your blog for such a msg, but I can't find your e-mail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home