bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Quiet

We had some quiet time yesterday...wonder of wonders. I did not even have to cook, as we had leftover pizza and salad from a work lunch (yay free food!) Which was just as well, as I promptly forgot to take out the salmon I planned to make from the freezer anyway. We had a movie to watch, Clint Eastwood's Bloodwork, which I have not seen yet, unlike The Husband, who kept most annoyingly chuckling and making remarks about certain plotpoints that I was supposed to pay attention to to get the final twist. I did NOT want to get the final twist...I want my suspense intact if it is a good movie with fine acting which this one was, thank you very much. I love the way how Clint Eastwood reinterprets the cowboy/white knight myth every time he makes a movie, and this was no exception. I happened to miss his last one, Million Dollar Baby, but I guess I can always add it to the Netflix list...Just afraid how it would go down with certain Husbands who know a thing or two about boxing.
We actually got so quiet after the movie (him reading, me translating some articles from Hungarian) that we did miss the SotU address...Read it afterwards on the 'net with all the trimmings, so The Husband could get his customary vodka at least post-speech.
Old Man Cat got some kind of infection in one of his ears (the way he squirms every time we try to clean it makes it hard for me to determine exactly which one it is)...so we watch and hope it gets better soon. It was pretty bad last night--of course us holding him down and cleaning those ears did not help to improve his mood at all. He shunned us all night, sleeping in the library pillows instead.
And that was it, pretty much. Tonight I am roasting salmon with rosemary (I happened to freeze the whole large package I bought on sale a while back in one lump, so I will make a LOT of salmon) and hopefully some more quietness.

6 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh -- that was me, wearing my teacher hat.

-- rufel

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Heh. Official, aren't we? :-)

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger lisamarlene said...

Anna - the salmon comment reminds me: we got given about a dozen salmon steaks (originally fresh, now frozen) of unknown origin and quality. Any good recipies you'd like to share? I usually only buy lox, so I haven't cooked with fresh salmon in years.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

eowyn-
Will try to remember to post the roasted salmon recipe I made yesterday. Was very tasty and quick.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger JimDesu said...

mmm salmon. mmm .....

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...... Tell me it didn't involve Russ and Lemon-pepper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home