bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stupid Ice

Yesterday they got me scared because everyone said 'it might start icing the next hour'. So, agreeing with my boss, who told me there's no point in getting stuck at work while 8-mo. preggers, I elected to stay at home. This morning, when it REALLY iced over, I called him and we agreed I'll wait and see what would happen as they promised it'd start thawing out.
At around 1000 my doctor's assistant called from her personal cell phone telling me we need to reschedule the appointment we already rescheduled from 0900 to 1230 once, because no one is going in to the office today. Joy. We agreed on Monday morning.
I tried to get out of the house to try and see if I can even get off the driveway since I could see that the roof was dripping and the sun was out... turns out there was still a thick sheet of ice on my windshield and I slipped twice on the driveway (managed not to fall, go me!).
So I am stuck at home again. Drives me NUTS.

6 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I walked down to the Marmot's and ended up having to walk down the middle of the parking lot because I was slipping on the sidewalks so bad. It should be better tomorrow, though, so try not to go nuts! :) Hugs!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Yeah, it's supposed to be all dry by the morning. Yippee! Glad you didn't fall either.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Madeleine said...

Let me just say that I'm *really* happy you didn't fall. Pregnant ladies with 1 month left really don't need to fall down on icy streets...

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Thanks! Car was all iced over again this morning with 'frezing frog' reducing visibility to about a quarter mile. Crazy, huh? Luckily no ice on the actual roads, so I could get in just fine.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger JimDesu said...

I think your standards are awfully low; for the sake of getting in to work you should be able to walk pregnant (and barefoot) on sloping ice while juggling six flaming cats and whistling the Star Spangled Banner, backwards.

Sheesh, the slackers around here....

(c: !

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Yeah, I know. I shall be beaten with that thumb-thick stick for sure, and spend the rest of my life barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home