bunny?

...gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight... musings of a hungarian in texas

©2003 by Annamaria Kovacs. All contents of this blog are the property of the author. Use with written permission only.

Friday, January 09, 2009

Annoyed

So we got home yesterday with The Husband who picked me up from work, and found a card taped to our door from a code enforcement lady at the City of Irving. "Pls call me', was written on the card. Of course, this being me, I immediately thought 'oh noes, WHAT do they want this time?' It is winter, the grass is not growing--do they object to the natural state of the rosebushes in our front yard instead of just having almost-bare lawn and geometrically-cut boring shrubbery?
They called back this AM, and The Husband talked to the lady--turns out (listen to this): someone from the neighborhood called in on us because, quote: 'the grass in SOME places in the yard is high'.
He's out there now with a weedwhacker fixing this.
It's not the code enforcement that really bothers me in this. It's the fact that someone amongst my neighbors have no better things to do with their time but telling to the city on someone else??? We do not have a neighborhood association with strict rules and such so there's never been any obligation to keep stuff exactly the way everyone else does (I think we'd be moving out as soon as one of those is instituted...)

Okay, I had to get that out of my system. Sometimes I just want to dig up my front yard and cover it in 15-feet tall climbing roses all across, Sleeping Beauty-style. I might just do that this spring to honor our daughter. Grr.

9 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger celogomama said...

Seems the neighbor could've spared a call to the city and dropped by to mention the offense. So silly! Sorry for the annoyance. Hope you are feeling better!!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Madeleine said...

Wow, how petty of whoever it was that called in the patchy grass offense. I agree with celogomama - very, very silly...

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Yup, I had that in my head all day. All it would have took is a note or a drop by in the evening. Argh. I am trying not to take this more seriously as it is.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

you're right to try not to take it too seriously - you have much more important things to think about :)

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger The LQ said...

Yikes! Sorry to hear about that; I thought only HOA places (like where my folks live) had to deal with with nonsense like that.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Apparently not. ::sigh::

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Convivialdingo said...

It's not that unusual.. it happened once to me in Farmers Branch.

Grrrr...

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger celogomama said...

But it's downright un-neighborly!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Annamaria said...

Yup; trying to hope it was an one-time thing and not some old lady having a mental breakdown deciding to have it in for us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home